No.PR-236 August 29, 2020 New Delhi All the assets, wealth, money are inconsequential against being happy and living in the moment! Always live in the moment, enjoy what you are doing, find a hobby and make it your passion said Mr. Anuj Sawhney, Managing Director, Swiss Military in a session organized by PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry on “Focus on Wellness; Quality of Life-Physical, Mental & Social”. Mr. Anuj Sawhney shared his experience of working in Bollywood and how focusing on mental health and wellness during his stint helped him tide through. He also shared how people would advise him to do a lot of things to keep his mind occupied, to drive away negative thoughts but, focus on wellness and self-care is what helped him overcome a lot of things in life. Mr. Sawhney highlighted that that life is 10% of what happens, the remaining 90% is what we think happens to us which leads to a lot of negativity in us. He advised everyone to be in the moment and enjoy it without any other distraction. Do not let negative sentiments walk into your life and find a hobby and make it your passion. All the assets, wealth, money are inconsequential against being happy and living in the moment, said Mr. Sawhney. Lt. Col (Retd.) Rita Gangwani, Pageant & Personality Transformation Coach in her deliberation mentioned the need to focus on mental health and empowering one’s mind pivotal in times of the pandemic. She highlighted that the pandemic has deeply affected us mentally, physically, socially, and culturally and we need to overcome our fear for it. She gave tips on how to make our mind strong and take charge on our mental health for us to be able to sail through these tough times that included accepting the situation and being positive; to communicate and share your feelings with your loved ones; to follow a daily routine and exercise; developing a hobby and pursuing it and be thankful for wherever you are and whatever you have in life as others are not as lucky. One should stop fearing the unknown and take small steps in life without worrying about tomorrow, said Ms. Gangwani. Mr. Rajat Banerji, Vice President, Corporate Affairs Head, Amway India Enterprise Pvt Ltd, talked about the importance of wellness that can be balanced with yoga, diet, and meditation. He said that wellness can also be expanded in the workplace and has proved to be beneficial for the employees in terms of maintaining peace and mental health leading to better productivity. He mentioned that focussing on immunity building is also equally necessary and, this crisis has made everyone aware of wellness programs, immunity booster teas, etc. Dr. Ashish Vijay Jain, Executive Vice President & Head of Health and Well-being, GlaxoSmithKline, highlighted that wellness is divided into- physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual and how maintaining a balance among these four will help us be positive in this situation and life as well. He said besides physical exercise, we are missing out on being emotionally resilient. He talked about how mental health can be enhanced if we adopt new things and try new skills and keep our mind occupied. Our spiritual side is also equally important and, we need to celebrate life and look at it positively added Mr. Jain. Dr. D.K Aggarwal, President, PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry in his presidential remarks mentioned how the body should be aligned with the mind to be healthy. He discussed how we need to be strong, physically, mentally, and spiritually and how we also need a healthy workplace that would benefit all. Yoga classes, mid-day fitness lessons, standing desks, meditation classes, counselling sessions can help deal with situations like these where mental peace is necessary. This will lead to a lot of positivity amongst the employees and give better output if they are relaxed said, Mr. Aggarwal. Dr. Aruna Abhey Oswal Chairperson, WE Committee, PHD Chamber in her welcome remarks discussed how staying positive in these difficult times. She also said that the most common emotion faced by all right now is fear that makes us anxious and, one need to practice self-care, practice yoga and take care of our diet and health the most. Mr. Saurabh Sanyal, Secretary-General, PHD Chamber proposed the formal vote of thanks to all the delegates and participants. The webinar was moderated by Dr. Yogesh Srivastav, Principal Director, PHD Chamber, and was attended by Mr. Vishal Chaudhary, Chair, Jharkhand State Chapter, PHD Chamber of Commerce. It was supported by Amway India and was attended by almost 100 participants that included many senior PHD members and industry stalwarts. Ends Media Division PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry
PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry, established in 1905, is a proactive National Apex Chamber working at the grass-root level and with strong national and international linkages.