How the TIFS work?
TIFS undertake the following activities
- Through regular research and networking with Government bodies, Entrepreneurs, Industry associations, Embassies/Consulates, Investment delegations, etc., the TIFS gather information on possible trade and investment opportunities in various sectors of the Indian economy.
- TIFS advises prospective traders and investors, national and international, in their process of filing applications and helping them meet other procedural and regulatory requirements. For this purpose, information on specific trade and investment guidelines at the state and central level is provided by TIFS.
- TIFS provides information at a broad level to international investors about possible potential joint venture partners in India. If TIFS is aware of any Indian parties interested in formation of joint ventures with some global partners, such information is also made available to interested investors.
- In case of requests made by individual investors to undertake specific research assignments, financial analysis or due diligence of any specific joint venture partner or merger and acquisition targets, TIFS provides adequate resources to carry out such requests on an agreed cost.
- In a nutshell, TIFS increases understanding amongst national and international investors on the promising investment areas and requirements and regulations for making investments. Facilitates in dealing with the Government in application procedures amongst the national and international Investors. Reduce lead time in investment processes and procedural transactions.
How TIFS work in assisting investors?
It is envisaged to be the first‐point‐one‐stop reference for potential investors from around the world. Our team of domain and functional experts provides sector‐and state‐specific inputs, and hand‐ holding support to investors. We assist with location identification, expediting regulatory approvals, facilitating meetings with relevant government and corporate officials among others.
For instance, if an investor A from Germany wants to invest USD 100 million in a textile business in India.
- A team of trained staff will be associated with the task for maintaining a physical helpdesk and provide the investor with all the help required regarding the relevant approvals to set up a business and information related to investment areas across India.
- Facility to set up meetings of the investors with Government officials for specific investor queries, both at the state government and central government level.
- Regular updates on various economic developments in India in general and sector specific in particular.
- Updates on state level developments related to policy amendments, sectoral developments, taxation mechanism, infrastructural, etc.
- Updates on Foreign Direct Investment norms, Foreign Trade Policy, etc.