EVOLVE WAYS & MEANS FOR EFFECTIVE DISPOSAL OF 15% HAZARDOUS MEDICAL WASTES: PHD CHAMBER

EVOLVE WAYS & MEANS FOR EFFECTIVE DISPOSAL OF 15% HAZARDOUS MEDICAL WASTES: PHD CHAMBER

EVOLVE WAYS & MEANS FOR EFFECTIVE DISPOSAL OF 15% HAZARDOUS MEDICAL WASTES: PHD CHAMBER

 

No. PR-205
March 17, 2017
New Delhi
 

EVOLVE WAYS & MEANS FOR EFFECTIVE DISPOSAL OF 15% HAZARDOUS MEDICAL WASTES: PHD CHAMBER
 

India Hospital Summit-2017 which is organized here under aegis of PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry has concluded that ways and means ought to be worked out to suitably dispose off 15%  hazardous medical and bio-wastes in all hospitals and nursing homes to make sure that the health workers and communities around them are not infected.
 

The Summit also felt that the assumption that 85% of bio-medical waste which is not that infectious, however, if the 15% of aforesaid categorize medical wastes is subsumed in the remaining non-infectious 85% of medical wastes, it becomes more hazardous and creates threatening conditions in the atmosphere as well as localities around such health centres.
 

The PHD Chamber also held that existing rules and regulations to regulate the bio-medical wastes need to be complied with by all hospitals and nursing homes in and around Delhi and non-compliance should be dealt with heavy penalties.
 

The aforesaid views were collectively expressed in the Indian Hospital Summit-2017 by panellists and experts such as Sr. Vice President, PHD Chamber, Mr. Anil Khaitan; Director General of Health Services, Government of NCT of Delhi, Dr. Ravindra Aggarwal; Director General, Association of Healthcare Providers of India (AHPI), Dr. Girdhar Gyani; CEO, National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH), Dr. B K Rana; Hony. Secretary General, Indian Medical Association, Dr. R N Tandon; MS, Baba Sahib Hospital, Dr. Punita Mahajan and Secretary General, PHD Chamber, Mr. Saurabh Sanyal.
 

Director General of Health Services, Government of NCT of Delhi, Dr. Ravindra Aggarwal in his observations was very specific, emphasizing that 2016 regulations relating to management of medical and bio wastes in hospitals and nursing homes ought to be complied with without any compromise on each of them.
 

In case, someone is violating the regulations, the NGT people are keeping a close eye on all hospitals and nursing homes and might perhaps undertake surprise visit to find out if established rules are being adhered to.  Their violation will be dealt with strict penalties and even with punitive measures, he emphasized.
 

Ends.

Koteshwar Prasad Dobhal
Consultant (PR)